Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Raining Days

Digg!

I was locked by the rain either in my house or in my car these few days. Most of us like raining day as it cools down the temperature, I mean the tropical hot and yet hot climate, at the same time, we also hate it for minimum outdoor activities can be done.

It was a heavy rain on that day, a Sunday which suppose to be a beautiful outdoor day. Instead I spent my time to shoot at the rain and make fun of it before it managed to fail my day.

In my first picture, I make the rain no more invisible. There were thousands lines of rain in every second. This is the type of rain that I always have at my place, seldom be gentle, but trying to show muscle. If it continues for a few hours, the next days newspapers will be flooded with news on floods. Luckily we have yet to see any flood.

I took the second picture in my car when I was on my way back from work. It makes me ponder as where I am. It seems like a picture in winter with snow balls falling down.

The late evening sun almost showed no more effect in the picture. It was pale without seeing the green. I did not pull over for the pictures, I took them in the middle of traffic with trial after another. Isn't too funny having my sweet times for the best picture though I have been late to fetch my son from class? Traffic jam is always a subset of heavy rain. A 20 minutes jam created a good "wintery" picture, but it must not be in a direct propositional manner.

"Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, And today? Today is a gift, That’s why we call it the present." I think today is still too vague to be mentioned, living in the now is a gift. And I have to keep reminding myself in this traffic jam.

3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

This is a great story about the rain and the traffic jam. I love the first picture, because you were able to capture the rain. That's something I didn't think was possible. The next one really does look like a winter scene. Now I know what winter in Malaysia looks like. This is a great post, both pictures and story. It makes me really feel the rain.

It's raining here right now too, but it will soon turn back into snow.

rainfield61 said...

Ratty...Actually capturing the rain was not difficult at all, I know you can have no problem on this.
And feeling very proud to let you know how winter is in Malaysia.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Rain and snow are a stopper in my world too as I can't do anything outside!

I like that rain picture!