Sunday, February 8, 2009

Not an Ugly Duckling

Digg!


I remember a commercial showed an excellent scenery of hill side with Pine trees at Fraser's Hill, Pahang State, many years back. I could not resist the temptation and I drove all the way to the place located 400km away just to check on this fascinating view.

I tried to align my eyeballs with the reference of the picture in my memory, I had my focal point on the exact spot, unfortunately, I did not rediscover the experience that I had earlier at home in front of TV screen. I knew I should be having a distorted perception by a professional shooting.

Today, I am going to pretend myself as a professional as well.

With the configuration of leaves, water, shadows of trees and blue sky, the scene may be a little static, the accidentally captured ripples have made the picture more lively. Am I talking like a pro?

I have a feeling that at a glimpse, the combination of leaves at the center right side of the picture seems like a butterfly playing on the water. The ripples were created while the butterfly was drinking water. (Do you know any butterfly that drinks water? It must be only mine).


This is the overall view of the place. The zoom in and zoom out effect change our perspective. The change of focus on the camera shifts our standpoint from agree to disagree or vice versa. Just like some of my pictures in which rubbish or unpleasant items have intentionally been omitted.

Same applies to our media, same answers to what our honourable politicians have done.

3 comments:

Rick (Ratty) said...

It does look like a butterfly. I don't know if butterflies drink water either. I like the zoomed in and zoomed out pictures here. I sometimes zoom in to make things look better too. I wish politicians would just cut out the bad items, then they wouldn't have to go to the trouble that a photographer does.:)

WiseAcre said...

Funny how a little suggestion makes you see things. I can't look at that photo without seeing the butterfly now.

Honorable isn't a word that comes to mind when I think of politicians.

rainfield61 said...

Ratty & WiseAcre...I do not like to and it is not my intention to involve politicians over here, it is just the political happening over here is very much too messy.