Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Cave of Darkness, Episode 2

Digg!

Further exploration to the interior of the cave I realised that the real adventure was not over here.

The suspension wooden bridge was not shaky as the one in my memory back to 70's, during which the family of my aunt bicycled from the mouth of the stream at Kak Bukit (FootHills) to the valley of Wang Tangga on the other side of the hill where they planted gingers. By that time, the cave was not brightened up by any spotlights for us to appreciate the detailed stalactite artworks.


I could not detected any squeaking bats inside the cave, they might be belonged to the past time when there was less disturbances. The voices of subterranean dark stream lured me to take a few shot on it. I managed with the reflection of spotlight that showed its position. But I decided not to show them because I could not avoid all the empty bottles that was floating around; it was sad to tell.









I loved this, the feeling of water dripping from the top. There should be creeks up there which penetrated through the stalagmites and stalactites and dropped down in the form of lines.

Someone asked me how long further to take to reach the other end on my way back to the entrance. His kids might feel eerie, I thought, or he might be eagerly wanted to enjoy the greenery with bright sun shine at the valley.
He might be right later, but he should miss what he was having right now.

Anyhow, there are more to come for you at the valley.

5 comments:

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

I love caves- thanks for taking us on the exploration tour

Rick (Ratty) said...

I was in a cave like this when I was a kid. It was one of the most fun things I ever did. I always wanted to go back there, but I knew I would never get the chance. It makes me happy that you have these pictures and your story to remind me of that place.

rainfield61 said...

Sharkbytes...Caves are another gifts from the nature. Hope my post keep you entertained.

Ratty...Once upon a time, you were a caveman as well.

Anonymous said...

I love exploring caves. It's a shame when people drop their litter in them :-(

rainfield61 said...

John...It is helpless to see rubbish in such a beautiful place. People take it for granted that littering is a natural behaviour. They believe in their nature rather than our only one nature.