Friday, May 1, 2009

Wild Flowers

I had these flowers with me this morning, alone in the jungle.

The off-the-trail journey had me exploring the jungle as though it was solely mine.

Actually I was partially wrong, I could see some visitors who were having different interest around the corner. The up-close look exposed their presence. I am off from my routine work; today is Labour Day. But the black ants were still busy at work. Their government must have forgotten to declare this public holiday.

These wild flowers chose to live close to each other. Their squeezed and distorted shapes have not reflected the vastness of the rainforest.

10 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Wow, those are luscious. I like the two that are so close together. They balance each other.

betchai said...

like sharkbytes, i love those two flowers that are so close together, it's like cheeks to cheeks. and i love how it is so green there.

roentare said...

The colour is great in deed. Floral images are sometimes very hard to perfect. Colour purple is very hard to render well on dSLR

Rick (Ratty) said...

I've been taking extra time to look at flowers recently so this is perfect for me right now. I like seeing the details that a closeup like this gives. From here I can see that the petals have stripes. I can even see the pattern on the leaves.

Anonymous said...

Wow, those photos are lovely, and the color purple is so pretty sitting among the greenery!

The Retired One said...

Awesome! Were they fragrant too?

The Retirement Chronicles

WiseAcre said...

Glad you had the day off and had a chance to get off the beaten path. Lovely flowers. I won't ask what they are, I'd rather you go out and find us some other pretties :)

rainfield61 said...

Sharkbytes: Two make the balance and it is so astonishing to find all of them come in pair.


betchai: I shall see two little cute kids sit side by side and cheeks to cheeks.

roentarre: I am always inspired by your photography tips found in your post.

Ratty: Closeup view allows us to see more that we have not seen by bare eyes. It likes a magnicient glass we used in school time.

rainfield61 said...

Icy BC: May the flower as lovely as you.

Hahaha...

The Retiredn One: I might have the closeup view but I failed to get near the flower. Should try on next trip for other place.

WiseAcre: I thought you would have helped me to name the flower. Hahaha....

Heather Dugan ("Footsteps") said...

Lovely... I like your observation of their close proximity to one another within such a vast space.