Monday, March 16, 2009

Trekking at Mengkuang Dam

I have made a change on my trekking plan yesterday morning. I went jogging at Mengkuang Dam again after a long break. I like to alternate between hiking and jogging becasue I believe different exercise does stress different muscle.

By its name, I saw most of the time water, images on water and a large crowd of people around this small dam. There was no adventure but looked more like a weekend family outing for most of the people.

Not to be adventurous for at least a little moment was not a good idea to me, I had then continued my jogging to the trek that little people have ever gone to. This decision thus separated me from the outside world, I was alone on a quite muddy track which was surrounded by more trees.


Unlike the usual track that has been shown in the second picture, most parts of this extended path were not visible behind the trees. There must be animals up on the trees! I tried to peep around and to listen carefully, yet it seemed like no sign of animal nearby.

Don't get me wrong, of course, there are plenty of fish inside the water, but they are not my aim. Adventure should be equal to wildness.

May be I shall try another side of the trek on my next visit for some new discoveries.

7 comments:

roentare said...

The lake appears so ambient and quiet. I am about to take a trip around Taipei. Hopefully a good walk will help soothe my headache from the recent flu

Always beautiful nature from your images here.

The Retired One said...

I liked the stillness of the water in those pictures too.
How beautiful!
What is the temperature there?

Rick (Ratty) said...

You have been getting some beautiful pictures recently. These are some of the best. I want to be there when I see them. There must be a lot of animals watching you from the trees.

rainfield61 said...

roentarre: Thanks for your encouragement. Hope to see some beautiful pictures from Taiwan. It should be nice if you can visit Hua Lian, a very lovely place.

The Retired One: The temperature in the morning is not more than 28 degree C. A good temperature for outdoor activities.

Ratty: It is my dream to get beautiful pictures. You should be able as well with your simple camera.

Sharkbytes (TM) said...

These are beautiful scenes. Sometimes the adventure doesn't pump the adrenaline, but rather gives a background of calm.

rainfield61 said...

Sharkbytes: Yes, it is not so important to pump adrenaline. I did enjoy the photography session.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

Beautiful shots of the water! It looks so peaceful and quiet!