Friday, December 12, 2008

Pulau Aman, Penang (episode 2)

“Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.”

I believe that we need to explore during traveling, not only touch-and-go, in order to have a deep feeling about the place. To be a traveler, we need to be a littke kid, or we will end up as a tourist.

“The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.”

My journey continued.

I saw pineapples that did not grow on ground, but on top of tall trees. Amazing and, again, amazing. Of course, they are not pineapples. Through conversation with the local elder,

I knew that these are “Pokok Mengkuang” (Mengkuang tree).
The word “Mengkuang” has long ago come into my mind, just blankly. It even appeared in my recent post “Mengkuang Dam”, but I had never bother to find out the real thing behind.
The Mengkuang leaves are first cut in long strips and dried in the sun. Once dried, it is boiled and dyed with vegetable colours for weaving into mats, baskets, and food containers.

There was a boarding platform at the end of the jetty. By taking a few more footsteps, it allowed me to have a different view on the jetty. The Principle of wandering around always brings wonder.



There were baby jelly fish struggling against the wave at the seaside. Some were found dead......



I saw some people carried bags of clam back from seaside. After understanding from them, I tried to go to the site where they dug these clams. Luck was not by my side this time, nobody was there. I were not disappointed.
Experience on not always getting something is actually another learning experience.


But finally, I had not went to Pulau Aman.
I had spent too much time seeing what I can see over here.
Its beauty is still not yet disclosed to me.
I promised, I shall be the one to be aboard on the ferry next time. I shall bring back tonnes of beautiful pictures and sharing, solely for you.

By the way, I was first at point B to decide on my next journey that day. And finally I followed the direction of arrow to reach the seaside and the jetty.

3 comments:

Bornean Rose said...

“The traveler sees what he sees. The tourist sees what he has come to see.”

I like this...:)

V said...

VEBCASTS - Listen web Radio Watching web TV, Tv Online. Watch Over 3000 Online TV Channels And 6500 Radio Stations Free For Around In The Wold
WATCHING LIVE MALAYSIA TV ONLINE,WATCH TV.1 ,TV2, TV3, TV7 ,TV8 ,TV9, AND WATCH ASTRO CHANNEL GUIDE  FOR WATCHING CLICK >CLIKC TO WATCHING<

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

These photos satisfied my Asian soul seeking root!