Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pulau Aman, Penang (episode 1)

One day, out of curiosity, I chose to follow my instinct to head to a place that was new to me.
Remember? I have promised you to explore everything which is within my interest.

By that time, my car stopped at a traffic island. There was no traffic in this remote area.
It was Sunday morning. I was out of factory time zone.
Most important, my petrol tank was full.

Then, let’s start my journey.

The winding road cut across the swamp areas and it crossed a river. I had to make a left-turn before a dead end. Feeling a little bit fishy, I followed the road to go uphill, not too far up and I started to descend, by then, I realised that if it was not a Wonderland, it must be a place worth going.

First Penang Bridge and fishing village

Actually I had arrived at a jetty. Pulau Aman (Aman Island) is on the other side of the straits of Melaka.

Pulau Aman in the background


Arrival hall from different angles

I got to know the entrance to future second Penang Bridge is somewhere nearby from the local people.
By the way, this is a good place for family affair, I mean, you can picnic, swim, do fishing or just wander around.

seaside, white sand, coconut trees, fishing boat

Otherwise, you can choose to do nothing. Just sit down and tune your eye balls to the sea, to your left, right or to your back. Try to appreciate the surrounding with different perspectives.

As for me, I spent my whole afternoon snapping pictures. The return of a boat which took people to off shore fishing or the departure of the boat which carried passengers to Pulau Aman created chances for me to practise my photography skill.

And all these chances came in abundance, as long as they were at the right place and in the right time.


I enjoyed. Hopefully you are as well.

4 comments:

Bornean Rose said...

I like the last photos..it is just like you are the paparazzi that sneak to get a good shot of the boat...i love reading your posts to. A journey and an observations makes us more sensitive to our surroundings.

MERRY CHRISTMAS..:)

Rick (Ratty) said...

All very good pictures and a good story. I keep looking at the photo of the boat going away. There's something about it that I like. Everything seems so peaceful.

V said...

VEBCASTS - Listen web Radio Watching web TV, Tv Online. Watch Over 3000 Online TV Channels And 6500 Radio Stations Free For Around In The Wold
WATCHING LIVE MALAYSIA TV ONLINE,WATCH TV.1 ,TV2, TV3, TV7 ,TV8 ,TV9, AND WATCH ASTRO CHANNEL GUIDE  FOR WATCHING CLICK >CLIKC TO WATCHING<

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

These are beautiful shots! Glad you had a great trip..

I saw a picture of you on the side bar..you're much younger than I thought..well at least, your brain sounds so way mature :-)