
OH, CARROLL
He traced the disturbance.
“Nonsense,” He jeered, "a squeak trapped in a silly post. Even Cinderella's slipper had been tampered with."
Oh, Lewis.
The 8pm slot ended. The red "On Air" sign went off.
The said counterfeit bloggers cleared their throats, trilling their lips.
'Oh, Carroll' began to broadcast.
[A cappella]
Oh! Carroll, I am but a fool,
Carroll, I know you, and you treat me cruel.
You lock me in a broadcast booth,
And you call me a counterfeit heart.
[A cappella]
The studio hummed the missing lines.
[A cappella]
A cappella was confused.
The confusion hung in the damp 16°C air unanswered.
Previous Episode: Crumb-Shadows
Next Episode: Tunnelling
Tunnelling through, he traced the disturbance.
A surreal chapter in Alice’s digital dreamscape.
This post is part of an ongoing original metafiction series exploring identity, systems, and absurdity through a digital Wonderland.
Hello,
ReplyDeleteCounterfeit weather, sounds familiar we have that here too. LOL!
Our humidity can be 80-90%, really awful.
Take care, have a great weekend.
I didn't know that Niel Sedaka's music made it all the way to Wonderland. I'm impressed.
ReplyDelete